Saturday, May 22, 2010

95% Male Black Lab

I saw this title under "Pets" on craigslist and it started me thinking - always an interesting experience. So, is the dog 95% male, and if so, is the other 5% his feminine, sensitive side?

What if we were categorized that way?

"Oh yes, my husband is 85% male. The other 15% likes to dress in my clothes."

"Looking for love - wanted a 90% female; the other 10% should be able to do home repairs and have own tools".


I could see people filling out applications where instead of checking "male" or "female", putting percentages in each box.

Name: Lee Lost
Sex: Male: 50% Female: 50%

I'm kinda loving this idea. I probably range from 80% to 99% female, depending on the day and the situation. People might want to know ahead of time so they can stay away from me when I'm in that 80% range. So, instead of asking people "How are you today?", maybe we should be asking "What's you percentage today?"

If I knew a male friend was only 75% male one day, I'd probably be comfortable asking him to watch "America's Next Top Model" or "Say Yes to the Dress" with me.

If my female friend was 100% female that day, I would forego the trip to Home Depot with her and instead enjoy an afternoon of chocolates and "When Harry Met Sally".

Life could become a heck of a lot easier with that information.

1 comment:

  1. There's a "sex inventory" that we took in one of our psychology classes. It really was an outcome with something like a percentage. I loved it! I'd be curious about what you'd score!

    ReplyDelete