Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time Passes Too Fast

You know when time is passing quickly when you see children growing up, new containers or food expiring and when it's time to change the clocks - again! I can't believe that tonight we have to not only change our clocks but turn them forward. Overnight, I'll become an extra hour older. I will need to use an extra dollop of my anti-wrinkle cream for sure.

But that's not the worst part. What I dislike the most is trying to get all of my clocks on the same, correct time. I not only lose an hour, but most of Sunday trying to do the clock synchronization. I have one large clock on the wall above my TV that can only be reached using a step ladder while leaning at a 45 degree angle. I can usually get it down and change the time, but getting it back up requires every muscle I haven't used since the last time I had to change the clock. The problem is that the clock hangs on the wall with one screw that goes into a miniature hole. Since I can barely reach the clock let alone try to look for the match-up between the screw and the hole, I invariably have a step ladder in my house for days. I've tried to put a plant on it to make it look like it "belongs" but my 6 foot ladder still looks out of place. I need the ladder so that I can keep trying to get the clock back on the wall when I re-gain my strength after each marathon attempt.

That isn't my only problem. I also have some atomic clocks that re-set themselves but for some reason, one has been an hour off since the last re-set. It refuses to believe it is wrong. I'm really hoping that tomorrow morning it will finally be right since the other clocks will catch up to it. I have looked at and pressed every button I see on that clock and I can't get it to budge from it's wrong time. I really think that my grey hairs and wrinkles are not from aging but from the stress of day light savings time.

1 comment:

  1. Try having another person in the house who resets some, but not all of the clocks. I have no idea which are right and which are wrong. Wonder why I'm always late? There ya go! :)

    ReplyDelete