Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three New Inventions

Do you ever just think of something and wonder why no one seems to have invented it already? During one sleep-deprived night while I was looking for one more piece of chocolate in the meat drawer of my refrigerator, the light bulb in my frig - as well as my head - turned on to about 150 watts. I had some new inventions brewing! If you ever see them in production, just remember where you first heard about them.

1. Vitamin D enhanced TV screen - We keep hearing that most people don't get enough Vitamin D. I guess you have to be outside to get that or down a couple little gel pills with your choice of wake-up drink. I'm thinking that the time it takes to go from the house to the car to the store is probably not adequate time to fill our Vitamin D supply. But most of us do spent a significant amount of time in front of the TV - it's relaxing and sometimes makes us laugh - so we are reinforced to do that. Why can't RCA or Tachichie-something have our TV screens emit some level of Vitamin D every time we turn it on? The screen might need to be a little brighter but we can always keep our sunglasses handy. A healthy TV experience! I love doing something to improve my health - without doing anything different. I want some royalties for this!

2. Gumby flash drive for you brain - Do you ever wish you could figure out the workings of someones brain? Like Bob Dylan, Bill Gates, or even PeeWee Herman? What if someone is leaving a job and you know they are taking an encyclopedia of knowledge with them - inside their brain - and you need that information? Behold, the Gumby flash drive. You just insert it into a persons ear and squeeze. Instantly, all of those knowledge brain cells are copied onto a easily expandable gumby guy. You aren't actually taking the brain cells - that would probably be illegal - but just copying them. What if you just didn't have time to cram for a test but you friend took that test yesterday? Gumby to the rescue! I've recently been in a situation where I know that if gumby were available, my brain would now be duplicated into other less-endowed heads. The thing about this invention is that it only copies what is already there but doesn't have any ability to create new ideas. So, maybe someone has taken my gumby flash drive idea from my brain, but they don't know anything about my newest invention, which is:

3. A mobile coffee pot/vacuum cleaner - this is probably on the horizon, especially if someone reads my blog. In fact, the manufacturers are almost there. We now have coffee pots that grind the coffee bean and start brewing at the appointed time. We already have the robot vacuum cleaner that busies itself humming along the floor picking up crumbs, etc. Why can't that vacuum also pick up the coffee pot and bring it to us? Yes, I realize it would have to be a wireless model but can you just see how great it would be to get up in the morning, have your floor clean and you coffee pot moseying over to your chair? The pot would have to be modified to hold your cup, spoon, milk and sugar on a nifty tray on the top, but that would be easy. As I sit here writing and glance at my empty coffee cup, I wonder how many more trips I'm going to have to make to the coffee pot - in the kitchen - before someone eases my life.

1 comment:

  1. Love them. I think you might really be onto something with the Vitamin-D emitting television. I would patent that NOW!

    ReplyDelete