Saturday, January 23, 2010

Conan's My Hero

I think we've all been in a situation similar to Conan's at least one time in our work lives. Maybe we didn't have millions at stake or millions of people blogging about us and demonstrating their support but we had at least some family - or friend - or cashier at the 7-11 who lent a sympathetic ear. By the way, it's much more cost effective to talk with the 7-11 cashier as you are purchasing a 59 cent coffee refill than to talk with a bartender while purchasing multiple $5.00 Shiners on draft.

Watching Conan's shows over the last week or so was like participating in a cleansing for our own life issues. We could yell at the TV screen "You tell em, Coco", or "Take that NBC". I didn't even feel a need to finish off the lone chocolate chip cookie out of my dozen during his show. My tummy was full and the stuff I had swept under the carpet was about to be dumped into the trash. "Conan the Comedic Millionaire" was also "Conan the Every Man". He was fighting back for all of us.

Yes, we know that life isn't always fair and the bad don't always get what's coming to them, but we 'average people" believe that we will be better for our experiences. Conan's final monologue of the night for his final show was somber, but with some humor thrown in - love that smile of his! What really stuck with me was when he said "If you work hard and are kind, amazing things will happen". Conan, best of luck to you - and to each of us.

1 comment:

  1. Love Coco. I hope he has even bigger success. He deserves it.

    ReplyDelete