Saturday, July 17, 2010

Team Jacob or Team Edward?

OK, so I'm old enough to be their mother - who waited to have children until it was almost too late - but I can still admire their, uh, acting.

I just got back from seeing the 3rd movie in the Twilight series, "Eclipse" and I have to say that my loyalties are changing. The first 2 moves, it was Team Edward, all the way. He's the brooding, tall, thin-lipped, James Dean-like guy. For those of you who don't remember James Dean - Google him and you'll see what I mean. Edward is the love-struck Vampire who can't get enough of Bella - not her blood, but her, well I don't know what he sees in her really. She's moody, mumbles, and I don't think she's changed her jeans through 3 movies.

Anyway, after tonight, I am now Team Jacob. Yes, part of it has to do with the fact that he spent lots of movie time without his shirt - but he had his muscles to keep him - and me - warm. By the way, he's 18 now so it's legal to look at him. He even went shirtless in the snow. He was also strong because he carried Bella through the woods, up hills and across the frozen tundra and was still able to say his lines without breathing heavily.

Edward has been known to carry Bella on his back as he flew through the woods, but I don't think that counts as strong. He's not human - vampire, remember - so he can do non-human things pretty well. He's very nice looking but is a skinny little thing. If he was human, Bella would have had to have lost at least 15 pounds before he could have attempted to pick her up. And no way could he have climbed a hill without dropping her - forget talking and walking - no way. Sorry Charlie.

Now, in spite of my complaints, I still like Edward. He seems to be the better sweet-talker and kisser of the two, so that gives him a few more points. I understand that there are 2 more sequels in the works so I could change my mind again.

But tonight, Jacob's chest, errr acting, wins my vote.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Jacob. Edward might be smoldering and sexy, but he needs a tan.

    ReplyDelete