Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes Laughter Causes Pocketbooks to Open

I've been working on getting rid of "stuff" I've had for years and have not used. After writing ad after ad and getting OK results, I got a little punchy and started adding humor to my descriptions. I ended up having fun with it and one guy said he bought my item because my ad made him laugh and asked if I could help him write some ads. Could this be a new business? The following are ads I have or are going to write.

Exercise Step - Due to getting lazy, am selling my exercise step. Like new, since it seemed to prefer living under my bed than having me step on it. It might like your feet better.

Set of Regalware - 3 saucepans and skillet with lids. The saucepans are in great condition but the skillet has some burnt on grease due to my cooking philosophy "If it's not black, it's not done." This ad was covertly written by the skillet.

2-Room Tent - never used. Got intimidated when I read that it goes up in 10 minutes. I can't even figure out how to put the batteries in my camping lantern in that amount of time. This tent needs to belong to someone with more confidence.

Pasta maker - I don't know what I was thinking. Never used - looks like an old wringer washing machine, which I also bought - and sold - without using. I would keep it if I could figure out how to make it into a planter. Perfect for just about anyone but me.

Easy Up Gazebo - never used but all of the pieces are now in a large baggie and I am working on trying to iron smooth and tape back together the impossible to follow instructions. Cheap!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely list the teepee. And put the money you make off of it into a high-interest yielding account for my inheritance. I deserve it.

    ReplyDelete