Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Couture

What is with the clothes the USA teams are wearing to compete this year? Do they get extra points for showing up in tacky outfits? I'm not saying that my taste in clothes is any better but no one sees me in my mismatched, stretched-out sweats except the people in our grocery store and most of them are dressed like me. If I were going to be on TV, I might make more of an effort when choosing my outerwear, at least.

The distracting outfits this year are worn by the ski team. They seriously look like PJs. I know they have little stars all over their uniforms but I also know I've seen that same look with little bunnies on the JCP racks.

Did they really hire people to design these clothes or did they find a clearance sale? Maybe they are trying to show us that they need government support? Our great athletes are doing just about everything on their own, from training to transportation to get to the Olympics so I'm sure they have little money left for their uniforms. It's like being in the Girl Scouts - you have to purchase the specific clothing everyone else wears, whether you look good in green or not.

The good news is that they can go from their event to bed without having to change. I've always wanted to go from bed to the grocery store without having to change so I do admire that aspect.

I think that for the 2014 Olympics they should let the contestants on Project Runway come up with some new ideas. Olympic Couture on the runway - Tim Gunn would be proud!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Good idea! I feel like they even did that on one of the earlier seasons, now that I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete