Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween with Seymour

I'm starting to get the feeling that my relationship with my dog might be becoming obsessive. (I can just hear my friends say "becoming??) I was invited to a Halloween party and went as a newbie gardner who grew her first pumpkin. I was the gardner and guess who was the pumpkin? Luckily the party was outdoors and the host was gracious about me coming with my dog. Well, "gracious" might not be the right word. "Tolerated" the crazy lady with her costumed dog is probably more accurate. But overall, Seymour was a hit with the kids and seemed to fit right in - playing ball, eating from the buffet and sniffing private parts. OK, I only saw one kid doing that and I'm sure it was an accident. At least I didn't take him "trunk or treating" with the rest of the kids - although I would have enjoyed snatching a bit of chocolate from his bag.

I've already planned the next few Halloweens with Seymour:
A taco and a chef
A skunk and a flower
A dog and a fire hydrant (with me as the dog, of course)

Now I just have to find a Halloween party I can go to that hasn't heard of that crazy lady with her dog-son.

No comments:

Post a Comment