Friday, November 13, 2009

Family Issues

Like most people, I have had some issues with my family. It's always "he said", "she said" and you can't really prove anything. But I was thinking about the Pear Family. You know how kids are always yelling "Mom, he hit me", or "Mom, he pinched me". Usually there are no marks to prove these statements so you have to go with your gut "You both go to your rooms!"

But in the Pear family, if a little pear tells the Momma Pear that his brother hit him, that bruise shows up immediately. Unless it is a self-destructive little pear, Momma Pear can be pretty clear about what happened to whom. I would hate to be in the Pear family.

Now the Banana Family can also tell if the siblings have been fighting but it usually takes about a day for the brown bruising to show up. "Momma, Chiquita pushed me against the tree." Momma says patiently, "Let's talk about it over breakfast but try not to bump into anything before then."

The Orange family can fight til their last breath and there is no sign of a disturbance - not a bruise in site. The siblings don't even bother screaming to their Mom because they know they will both be in trouble - just like in my family.

Maybe I should read a book while eating my fruit salad next time.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron was amazing at beating me up without leaving a mark. I made the mistake of using my fingernails, so my wounds always showed. Do I really want to have multiple kids? Maybe one is enough, now that I think about it. Also, I'm kind of hungry for fruit now.

    ReplyDelete