Friday, September 18, 2009

House Cleaning Tips

I sometimes get behind in my house cleaning. Luckily I don't live alone. It's important to have someone else to blame when the house gets messy. Seymour, my dog, leaves a lot of things out - like his underwear, his mail, and his dirty dishes. OK, so maybe it's just his dirty dishes but it's hard to keep a house clean when you always have to pick up after another person - dog.

I've had to get creative with my cleaning so that if someone calls and says they are coming by, I have a 15 minute, 30 minute and 1 hour cleaning routine.

My 15 minute routine consists of -
1. Gathering everything that is laying around the downstairs rooms into large garbage bags and schlepping those bags out to the back of my pick-up truck;
2. Grabbing the electrostatic duster and doing a quick turn over the floors and furniture; then
3. Spraying vanilla spritz around the house

My 30 minute routine consists of -
1. Gathering everything that is laying around the downstairs rooms into large garbage bags and schlepping those bags out to the back of my pick-up truck;
2. Grabbing the electrostatic duster and doing a quick turn over the floors and furniture
3. Spraying vanilla spritz around the house, then
4. Checking email

My one hour routine consists of -
1. Gathering everything that is laying around the downstairs rooms into large garbage bags and schlepping those bags out to the back of my pick-up truck;
2. Grabbing the electrostatic duster and doing a quick turn over the floor and furniture
3. Spraying vanilla spritz around the house,
4. Checking email, then
5. Watching one episode of "Clean Sweep" on my TiVo

I really need an hour to get ready for company!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!!! I'm laughing outloud. You're silly and this is probably more honest than most people realize! LOL!

    ReplyDelete