Sunday, July 12, 2009

Late Night Search

I know it's not just me because now I have proof! You know how, sometimes late at night, you google things like "red blotchy butt cheek", or "Is there really a Love Potion Number 9"? We do these searches in private, in the dim light of the TV and in comfort knowing that we won't be embarrassed by someone knowing our inner most dreams and fears.

Then along came a tool called "Google Search Words". If inclined to do so, bloggers can track the search words that people use to find their blogs. I'll admit, my curiosity won over privacy and I tracked what people were looking for when they instead found my blog. This information has done more for me than 6 months with a psychologist - I'm feeling like I'm not as "out there" as I was afraid I was.

Most of the searches I traced were from out of the country. I couldn't help but stifle a giggle when I thought of the blog entries they were lead to when they searched for:

"Polyester pants that breathe" (Florida)
"Y caliente es bueno" (Australia)
"My foot swollen" (Sweden)
"Haircut in Venice, Italy" (France)
"When phlegm is not contagious" (Texas)
"Women look you up and down means" (London)
"Cool things about getting old" (S. Africa)


and my personal favorite -
"Sleep with turtleneck" (Israel)

The world does keep getting smaller. I have a kinship with a person in Israel who is probably right now sleeping in their turtleneck - sweet dreams my slightly off-kilter friend.

2 comments:

  1. I'd do that, but I'm afraid that there wouldn't be any words listed.

    ReplyDelete