Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Reason to be Single

I went to a lovely memorial service for the husband of a friend. It was filled with humorous stories, songs - and a photo montage of his life. It made me think about being in a long relationship with lots of history and memories - and photos. What if the long relationship ended with my mate passing away before me?

They would go through all of our photos and pick out the best ones of him to flash on a screen to the crowd of mourners. Of course they would need to choose the pictures where he looked best, but unfortunately I guarantee those would not be the ones where I looked even presentable in public. When he looked best, I'd have my eyes 1/2 open, my tongue lolling out one side of my mouth, or my head would be angled in such a way that it would look twice it's normal size.

I take awful pictures. Sure, I'd be upset that I lost my long time partner - but I don't think that should mean that I would also have to lose my dignity through displaying my monkey faced pictures. Also, I think the mourners would find it hard to ignore the woman in the photo (me) and I'm sure the crying would turn to hysterical laughter. Staying single is my way of saving some man the embarrassment of a humorous memorial service. I'm doing my part for mankind - and getting ready to go Photoshop my own pictures - just in case.

1 comment:

  1. If you meet a nice man and we ever have to show lovely pics of him, I promise I'll help you crop yourself out of all of the pictures. Or at least cut and paste a head with open eyes on your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete