Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Evolution of Man - Another Theory

I totally agree with the Cave man theory - man was the hunter and the woman was the gatherer. It also makes sense that man today is the BBQ-er; fire and animal meat - it's still in their genes. Just as women have no choice but to be shoppers / gatherers. But there are a couple missing links, so to speak. What happened to the cookers and cleaners? You never hear about them. The theory doesn't mention that the women who were bringing home what they gathered ever put things away. They probably just made sure there was a path from the door to their sleeping area - and to the BBQ. They weren't meant to do anything else.

I think there originally were cookers and cleaners, but I'm not sure if they were males or females, human or ape. I can just imagine them scurrying around trying to keep order in the caves as more and more "stuff" came in. The cookers rarely left their fire because they were always trying to keep up with the number of side dishes they needed to prepare to go with the BBQ. Those were thankless jobs. I'm sure the gatherers and hunters were always on the cookers and cleaners, wondering what they did all day. My theory is that the thankless lot finally had enough and all jumped off the closest mountain. They were extinct long before the dinosaurs.

I wish just one had lived. I really need help putting away my groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment