Thursday, August 6, 2009

Money Saving Tips

I just got an email ad from Glade products. You know the ones, air fresheners, air sanitizers, insect repellents and plug-ins. In the middle of the ad for all of these products, they put a recipe for a refreshing watermelon salad. What? All I can think of is stinky stuff spraying everywhere over my salad. Ahhh, thanks but no thanks. Who in the world hired the person who pulled together that web page? It probably wasn't even a real recipe because they knew no one would have the stomach to download it.

Then I started thinking - what a good way to save money on food. It's like when you go to a restaurant and just as the meal is being served, someone at the table starts talking about vomit (and you know who you are). Now, I can eat almost anything, any time and anywhere but during that conversation, my brain said "Appetite gone, doggie bag, please".

Here's a money saving tip. Let's say you are having a party and don't have a lot of food out. The hungry group starts gathering around the buffet table. Instead of worrying if you'll have enough to feed them all, start talking about - diarrhea or the gross pimple you just popped. I guarantee you will have plenty of left-overs.

My favorite money saving tip is for mothers of babies . You know how much disposable diapers cost - outrageous! All you have to do to stretch that box of diapers is to buy a box of kitty litter. When you change your baby, add a cup or two of kitty litter to the diaper. That diaper will last for a day or two before you'll have to change them. In fact you can probably scoop out the clumps and use it another day or so. I don't know why no one has thought about that before? The other benefit of the kitty litter is that a young child can sit up by themselves if you position them just right - bigger base for balance.

My last money saving (and water saving) tip involves showering / laundry. I don't understand why more people don't shower with the clothes on? If you shower with your clothes on and bring one other piece of laundry into the shower with you - like a bed sheet or blanket, you will save water, save on laundry detergent and save time.

I know I should write a book on money saving tips - and someday I might - but I felt it was my duty during this downturn in the economy to share (for free) my useful and unique tips.
Really, you don't have to thank me!

2 comments:

  1. If this is your attempt to try getting out of ever babysitting your grandson, you can forget it. Bathe him with his clothes on, put kitty litter in his diaper, whatever. I don't care. I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you did it again. Anybody who can get diarrhea, gross pimples, and a buffet table in one paragraph has some kind of talent. Just what kind of talent, I'm not sure.

    But you didn't stop there. You had me chuckling about the kitty litter in the diaper, but you still weren't through with me yet. You were going for a belly laugh. When you described how to help the baby sit up I lost it. My eyes started leaking. I have a mental picture of a baby that you can tip over and they pop right back up.

    This is among your funniest posts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete